Għaqda Siġar Maltin
We look forward to continuing the series of educational talks for the general public themed ‘Is-Siġar Tagħna’ started last year by Għaqda Siġar Maltin. This year’s talks are going to be held in partnership with the Mqabba Local Council and are going to be divided into 3 sessions as follows:
Talk 1: 3rd October
– ‘Foresta 2000, The Creation of a Maltese Forest’ by Ray Vella
– ‘Pollination, nectar, propolis and the benefits of the ecosystem regarding bees and trees’ by Victor Busuttil
Talk 2: 17th October
– ‘Siġar f’Malta matul iż-żminijiet’ by Edwin Lanfranco
Talk 3: 7th November
– ‘Speċi indiġeni, speċi endemiċi, speċi aljeni u speċi invażivi’ by Alfred E. Baldacchino
– ‘The Learning About Forests – LEAF programme’ by Johann Gatt
All speakers have years of experience in their respective fields and will share with us insights into their experiences and knowledge.
Talks will be 30 minutes long, with additional time for questions from the audience. Talk 2 by Edwin Lanfranco will be 60 minutes long.
The primary language used in all talks will be Maltese.
Admission will be FREE of charge but any donations will be appreciated.
To book your place you are asked to fill in the following google form:
Places are limited so kindly book your place to avoid disappointment.